For students to:
- Communicate in Japanese, using the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, and the use of body language, visual cues and signs
- Develop curiosity about and openness to a variety of values and practices to gain and awareness of the influence of culture in the learners own life and first language
- Enjoy learning another language
Languages has two dimensions:
- Communicating in a language other than English (Japanese)
- Intercultural knowledge and language awareness
There are many relationships between the two dimensions.